-->

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Party for Boys

My 10 year old son, for the first time wanted to have a Halloween party. I have to say with 5 kids, the youngest one has from time to time not gotten as much attention as the older kids have. Life just happens, I started working more when he was young, I didn't have as much time to be involved in his school activities, and around the same time decided to go back to school to earn my degree. I have had to let some things go, and I am ashamed that it had to be being more involved in his school activities. So when he asked, I was thinking NO WAY, I don't have any time. But I really thought about how excited he was and decided to say yes.



Since then I have been racking my mind on how to make this party fun, exciting yet economical. I started by designing my own invites. I love Microsoft Publisher, I used the builtin clip art and came up with these cute invites:


 Next, I need to move onto decorations for the food. I want something that is fun yet not too babyish, the boys are 10-11 years old. I found some really great ideas on Pinterest (pics below):
 
These adorable pop bottles will be easy to do and will add a small detail that kids are sure to notice. 


Meredith Stebbing added this cute green pudding in clear cups, that the only work involves drawing faces on the cups with a sharpie. http://pinterest.com/pin/195484440046252382/


Carmella Calhoun came up with these cute little treats made out of pretzels, that will be sure to excite the kids. So simple and delicious.  http://pinterest.com/pin/195484440045089599/




For my indoor decorations, I found the following video on Youtube.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVQs_Z_hMcA&feature=related:




 http://happyauer.com  has some really cute and inexpensive ideas.  Some take a little time but are well worth it.

These are just a few ideas (that are borrowed from the many talented people on the web) that I will be using for my son's upcoming party.  I will repost pictures of how everything turns out.

Thanks for reading and Happy Crafting,

Ana












3 comments:

  1. Some really good ideas here! Did you try anything from Carmella?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy, he gets left out. lol! I hope your party went well and was lots of fun. Great idea's you suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your story with us, Ana! A lot of these crafts are simple and would be pretty cheap to make in bulk for a party. I love the spider pipe-cleaner sucker!!

    ReplyDelete