-->

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What is Cr8ivecrafts?

Cr8iveCrafts is all out appreciating the hard work that goes into creating beautiful art of all styles.  For me, I am an avid jewelry maker, sewer and decorator.  I have on many occasions looked for inspiration from others and have found a vast assortment of talented people on the web.  I have appreciated and admired their skill, creativity, and hard work, so I have dedicated this blog to sharing their talent.

This week I would like to share one of my favorite jewelry artists, RockLove Jewelry.  Designer/artist Allison Hourcade's anthem is "centered on the lost art forms of jewelry with special attention to Gothic architecture, exotic destinations and the belief that jewelry should tell a back story as interesting as your own."  Allison designs, cast's and produces all her designs in New York, which I appreciate because I love American made jewelry.   I also love that each piece gives a little history into the origin of the design.  Excellent job and beautiful work!

Here is one of my favorites:

Vice Clockwork Necklace
Inspired by ornate antique grandfather clock hands - to each our little vices. Hand cut and polished intricate clock hand pattern in sterling silver accented by your choice of silver Swarovski pearl, faceted or smooth onyx, or garnet.

Check out her website at rocklove.com

Happy Crafting,

Ana


3 comments:

  1. Hello Ana, how did you add your about me section to your blog? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary, I too love the necklaces and Rockloves rings. What I really appreicate about her jewelry is the back story. I love a little history with the products that I choose to buy.

    ReplyDelete